Cabbage and Apple Slaw

I never used to be a fan of cole slaw. As a kid I tried it only a few times and didn't really like it. A few months ago I had it and it was delicious! It's been said that your taste buds change every 10 years so if you didn't like something a while ago, try it again!

I had a basis for a recipe, then ended up making up my own. I only used a half a head of cabbage since I wasn't sure if the recipe would turn out well, but it did. I treated this like a dessert since it's a little sweet. This can easily be doubled.

Cabbage and Apple Slaw
1/2 head of cabbage, shredded (3-4 cups)
1 apple, chopped (I used a Gala apple)
1/4 c chopped walnuts
1/8 c apple cider vinegar
1/8 c apple juice
3/4 t honey
1 t dried parsley
1 t dried chopped onions
2 heaping T mayonnaise (I used light mayo)
1+ T lemon juice (this is an approximate. I just squirted some in there.)
salt & pepper to taste

1. In large bowl combine first 3 ingredients. In small bowl whisk together vinegar, juice, honey, parsley, onions, mayo, lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.

2. Toss dressing into bowl.

3. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment